Friday 6 January 2012

New Year's Greetings

Just a short post to bump jolly old Father Marxmas off the top slot now that the festive season is behind us.

In passing - does the name "Jim Needle" mean anything to people? This bloke was an Oxford cartoonist (who did work for New Internationalist) and lived in Jericho. I can't seem to paste links into here, but googling his name & "Jericho Echo" takes you to a little info about him. Anyway - his chosen subject for a private commission would sometimes be a Ruskin character. He did a brilliant cartoon of the late, great Jack "Mr P.C." Eames. I had a copy which I'd hoped to post on here, but can't locate it right now. Hope it wasn't a casualty of last year's house-moving exercise....

Keeping it short, as I said. All the best for 2012 to comrades both in these islands and around the world.

Newsflash: a reliable source of intelligence leads me to believe that Bob Flux will, after all, be attending the reunion. Our NUS chum has responded to communications, unlike a certain Northern character. The latter is, therefore, anathema to us & I place upon him the Fatwah of John Crowley.

No comments:

Post a Comment